Promoter lets you use the email address to send messages.
As long as you are the rightful owner of that address, of course.
Default Email Address
Unless you specify otherwise, Promoter will send messages from the email address you used while setting up your Promoter account.
Important note: until you can confirm ownership of that email address, Promoter will not allow you to send or schedule messages.
Verifying your Email Address
As you probably already know, immediately after setting up your Promoter account you should have received a "Verify Email Address for Promoter" email (see screenshot below).
Confirming ownership of that email address is pretty straightforward: simply click on the Verify Email button.
Once you click on the blue button, you will automatically brought back to your Promoter account where you will be met with a success message and you should be all done!
Important note: the verification email is time-sensitive, so you might have to send a new one if you wait too long. If your Verification Email is expired, you can re-send by hitting the Update Settings from your Promoter profile page.
Changing your "Send from" Email Address
Good news! If the default "Send from" email address does not work for you, you can change it :-)
There are two ways to change the email address Promoter uses to send Messages:
- Change the email address tied to your Promoter profile.
- While writing a message, on step 3 (From), enter the email address you want to send your message from.
This will trigger a Verify Now link which will bring you to your Promoter profile page where you will be able to change your email.
- Changing the email address on your Profile page also changes the email address tied to your Promoter account. Please remember to use that new email address next time you want to log in to Promoter.
- Once you click on Update Settings from your Promoter profile page, a "Verify Email Address for Promoter" email for that new address will be sent. This new email address will not be kick in until you click on the Verify Email button from that (see previous section for more details).
- The verification email is time-sensitive, so you might have to send a new one if you wait too long. If your Verification Email is expired, you can re-send by hitting the Update Settings from your Promoter profile page.