Important Promoter Setup Guidelines
- Promoter requires an environment that is on the web (local installs will not work)
- Promoter requires that all traffic related to your domain name uses https (SSL certificate required)
- Promoter requires the user ID tied to the Promoter license to have the read_private_posts capability in WordPress (Admin, Editor or custom role)
- Promoter requires that you have at least the free Event Tickets plugin installed. It also works great with Event Tickets Plus.
- Promoter does not work with Eventbrite Tickets for now.
- Certain domain and subdomain names will not allow you to run Promoter (for technical reasons). Please make sure that your site is not using any of the following:
- The presence of "staging" in the domain or subdomain
- The presence of "dev" in the domain or subdomain
- myftpupload domains
- mybluehost domains
- dreamhosters domains
- lightningbasehosted domains
- Once a Promoter license is tied to a website (e.g.: a test one), it cannot be simply swapped to another website. If you have used the license on a site and wish to transfer it to a different website, please contact our helpdesk.
- Promoter currently does not work on multi-site WordPress installations (but we are working on it)
Follow the Events Calendar's blog for new feature announcements and bug fixes.
Follow these steps to install Promoter
- Purchase a Promoter License at https://theeventscalendar.com/product/promoter/
- After you complete the checkout process, you’ll see your license appear in your account on TheEventsCalendar.com: https://theeventscalendar.com/license-keys/
- Within your Wordpress dashboard, proceed to Events > Settings > Licenses and enter your Promoter license
You are now ready to get started using Promoter!
Using Promoter - Quick start guide
- Go to: https://promoter.theeventscalendar.com/welcome
- Enter your license and submit and click on Next: Your Profile
- Double-check your profile details and choose a password. Click on Next: Select website
- Select the website you want to connect Promoter (1) to and click on Next: Sync Events (2) to load events from your site
- Click on Authorize Promoter
- Click on Complete Sync
The import of your events to Promoter should now be scheduled (it might take a few minutes to appear). Well played!
Head to our support page to learn more about Promoter, provide feedback, or contact us
- Do you have an idea on how to improve a feature?
- Is something not working the way it should?
- Did you find a typo or other confusing language?
- Are you unsure on how to activate features or configure plugin settings?